Thursday, June 12, 2008

Write to Publish Conference 2008






















I am amazed at how vastly different my experience was this year at 2008 WTP. The conference was set in beautiful Wheaton College. I made great contacts with book publishers, agents, and magazine editors. It was amazing to see the progress I had made in one year. Mercy Rising came from an idea to a full book proposal with chapters. This year I actually had work for writers and editors to evaluate. It is very different having someone evaluate your work not just an idea and now I actually know I can do it!

The main difference though was my contacts with writers. We can help critique each other's work, keep each other accountable to submit, and laugh a lot! Although we were a little slap-happy at 3 am!

Please keep praying for this book project that God would get the glory and that I would be disciplined to write. Please also pray for the new magazine editor contacts made this year.

What is God speaking in to your life? Do you need to follow through on a project or with a person? Let me know how I can pray for you.

No comments: