Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chain Store Reaction


Did you know that there are 15 million child slaves in the world? Some are involved in sex-trafficking but many more are involved in domestic labor, agricultural jobs, restaurant and hotel work, and in factory labor. They live a life few of us can imagine. Some are paying off loans made by their great-grandparents for around the amount of $25-$50.

I really want to change some of my shopping habits and join the movement to end cash flow to human rights violators. I hate having to form new buying habits, but with just a little effort, I can find similar products from companies trying to do the right thing.

One really cool website - ChainStore Reaction is doing just that. Use their easy color-coded system to see what companies are doing to end ties to slave labor. The website also has easy links to email corporations to ask them to make their stance against slave traded products a part of their company policy.

(pix-stockxchng.com)

2 comments:

Mary Bernard said...

Thank you for this info and the info on Wal-Mart. I, too, am quite concerned about my shopping practices and just what my dollars are supporting.

I'm enjoying all the info on your blog.

MollyinMinn said...

Thanks for passing this along. I am going to check it out now!