Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Blind Side

We tried to get into a different movie, but the Christmas crowd was something I didn't count on. I wasn't expecting much from the previews. Mushy films aren't my thing coupled with the stereotypical "white conservative family saves urban black boy".

It was a pleasant surprise to find good writing, clean edits, and quirky dialogue. And despite myself I resonated with a scene where the leading lady went to bed smiling. Her husband whispers, "This doesn't have anything to do with the new boy, does it?". She says, "No, it has everything to do with him."

2009 has been hard, but good. At the end of the day what keeps me smiling when it seems too much to give is what I have received from the letters from my sponsored child in Tanzania and the warm little hands in mine at the inner city church ministry.

What has kept you smiling in '09?

No comments: