Thursday, January 7, 2010
Great Reads in 2010
What are you reading in 2010?
I am challenged by books that inspire me.
Here is a peek of what I loved to read in 2009 and what is on my list for 2010.
What are you reading in 2010? Any of them inspiring mercy and justice in your world?
10. Be the change - teens, easy read
9. Velma Still Cooks in Leeway - adult fiction
8. Too Small to Ignore - excellent memoir of Wes Stafford, CI President
7. Clean House, Clean Planet - make your own cleaning products
6. Sketpic's Guide to Global Poverty - photos and fact filled
5. Becoming a World Change Family - practical, down to earth, and fun
4. Everybody Wants to Change the World- Tony Campolo - good for teens, young Adults
3. Operation World - pray effectively for missions
2. Blessings of the Poor - beautiful non-fiction, short stories
1. On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, chapter book for kids, Narnia-esque
On my list to read
4. One of Kelly Minter's books
3. They Almost Always Come Home - adult fiction
2. The Least of These - a novel, (What would the church do if all govt. assistance to the poor ceased to exist?)
1. North or Be Eaten, chapter book for kids, Narnia-esque